This Week’s Comic:
Thing I Just Typed At Twitter:
Tag Archives: stupid
After a terrible event like the Boston Marathon bombing, certain things are sure to occur:
1. People want to help by purchasing or selling things. We, as Americans, generally like to express ourselves through consumerism.
2. People want to display their grief/solidarity/regional pride.
3. People will generate merchandise at an incredible rate in order to fill the demand, quality be damned.
Now, some of the items below might have their proceeds donated to charity (like One Fund, for instance), which I think is awesome. I’m not delving into the motivation behind these items (though I figure some are more noble than others). I just want to look at ‘em for a sec. The internet and print-on-demand allows for entire product lines to be created with just a few clicks. I think occasionally, we should pause and take a look at what’s being pumped out. (more…)
Society is plagued by three overwhelming, nigh-insurmountable problems:
1. There are not enough small, single-occupancy/low income housing.
2. An exciting new manufacturing industry is needed to put American factory workers back to work.
3. State and local governments are wasting too much taxpayer money cutting grass and trimming trees on the sides of highways and interstates. (more…)
This recently unearthed photo clearly shows that Barack Hussein Obama’s so-called maternal grandparents were in fact never in New York City in the early 1980s visiting their “grandson” who was attending “Columbia University.” So where were they? Experts speculate they were studying Marxism in Pakistan. Other truth-seekers suspect Socialism in Kenya.